Following some head-turning performances at SXSW, Austin-based power trio Grivo are hitting the road again to support their debut album Elude, released last fall. Combining slow, methodical hooks and warm tube amplifiers on hits like "HDC""Burnout" and "C.A.", Grivo's saturated guitars and a bruising low-end utilize effects as an active compositional element. Grivo tow a thin line between shoegaze and doom but never fully commit to any one style or genre, spawning broad crossover appeal. Fresh off a recent West Coast tour, Grivo's incredible live set is sharper than ever and not to be missed.
If you live in the Midwest check the following dates, Grivo could be coming to your town soon. More dates and tour announcements are just around the corner.
• May 11th - Little Rock, AR at Vino's
• May 12th - Murfreesboro, TN at Media Rerun
• May 13th - Lexington, KY at Best Friend Bar
• May 14th - Columbus, OH at The Summit
• May 16th - Port Huron, MI at SchwonkSoundStead
• May 18th - Milwaukee, WI at Bremen Cafe
• May 19th - Chicago, IL at Subterranean
• May 20th - Des Moines, IA at Vaudeville Mews
• May 23rd - Wichita, KS at Kirby's Beer Store
• May 25th - Norman, OK at Opolis
"...like the middle child between Slowdive and Low, a half-paced emotional look behind the curtain and into the great beyond."
"Grivo creates an atmosphere with their music, layering sounds on top of one another, embracing the distortion, as pointed guitar hooks and dreamy vocals surf on top of the ordered chaos."
-Get Some Magazine
"Marrying the cerebral headiness of guitar atmospherics with bludgeoning walls of distortion, Grivo sustains bursts of doom metal and shoegaze..."
Click HERE to buy Grivo's debut album Elude on 12" 150 gram vinyl, cassette or digital download from Holodeck Records